Friday 12 November 2021

Wishes4kids

 I had a lot of quilts ready to give out, since my lovely sewers had been beavering away during lockdown and I hadn’t been able to make the usual donations.  I decided to to find some more recipients, so rang Wishes4kids, a local charity which brings joy to children with terminal illnesses or who have suffered trauma of various kinds.  I spoke to the lovely Gary who was in the process of filling 200 goodie bags as Christmas gifts and was delighted to hear that I had quilts to add to the bounty. He was even willing to come over and pick them up!  I got 130 quilts ready for him, and he took them all! 


He was amazed when he chose this beauty for a photo, quite understandably.  His charity, which is based in Leicester, does its best to grant children’s wishes.  These range from activities to meeting celebrities. It was a pleasure to meet such a generous and lovely person.  Carry on the good work, Gary! 


No comments: