Thursday 14 December 2023

Last donation of 2023?

 I had quite a few quilts in my cupboard (including 30 beauties brought to Knit and Stitch in December!) and I decided to try and spread the love and the hugs.  Since Lutterworth Foodbank are in touch with needy families, I thought I might contact other local food banks.  I tried Market Harborough, but apparently they don’t have any storage, so couldn’t accept any.  Then I messaged Hinckley, and the lovely Pat was straight back, saying they would love some for some of their clients (especially those in fuel poverty, where the quilts could be both a hug and a source of warmth).  She also has contacts in the Salvation Army, where they would use the quilts as Christmas presents.  Fabulous! She was also willing to come over to Lutterworth on her way home and pick them up! 


She was a bit concerned when I wanted her to pose for a photo, as she felt she didn’t look her best.  She looks great to me!  It was lovely to meet her, and know that 40 quilts are going to local children. 


1 comment:

Pat - Hinckley Area Foodbank - HCCA said...

Our sincere thanks to you Lynda and all your kind and generous team, the quilts are beautiful and everyone stitched with love, the children will be delighted to receive them x