Tuesday 17 April 2018

Busy morning

No sooner had I unloaded all the gorgeous quilts from my car, than I had a phone call from Pip on Ward 10 of the LRI Children's Hospital to see if they could have more quilts!  Of course, is the answer.  So Paula and I loaded 80 of the checked and labelled quilts into the car, and off we went.  We have finally cracked how to get lots of quilts along the paths, through the doors, up the lifts and along the corridors to the children's wards - use a porter's cage with a door! 


This cage had a kind of box at the bottom so the quilt bags didn't slide out, and a door to keep them all inside.  The fact that it had a mind of its own was another matter, but nobody was injured on our way up to the ward! 



Here are me, Pip and one of the nurses with quilts they selected.  They were over the moon to receive so many lovely quilts, and we're looking forward to spreading hugs all over the ward!  
Th en Paula and I headed off to Fosse Park to meet Margaret who had some quilts for me. 


I forgot to take her picture, but here are her lovely bright and cheerful quilts.  Thank you so much, Margaret, and keep up the good work! 




No comments: