Thursday 14 February 2019

2019 donations

The quiltshave been steadily coming in, and so they need to go to their forever homes!  This week I went over to Whetstone to Jay Fostering to take 30 quilts.


Here I am with a lovely quilt and a member of staff (I’m really sorry, I’ve forgotten her name!). The organisation gives welcome packs to their children, and they were keen to include the quilts in them.  I’m sure the children will love them. 





Then on Thursday I went Ito the Leicester Royal Infirmary Ward 27 to take 53 quilts for the youngsters there. 


We have a system worked out now, where we unload the quilts in the car park pick up area, then load
 them in a cage for easy transport to the ward.  This is a great method, except that this cage had a mind of its own!  Luckily my husband was in charge of it, and managed not to kill anyone! 


Usually it’s very difficult to persuade people to have their photo taken, but this time Chandni (second from the right) must have advanced persuasion techniques and managed to assemble a great crowd this time!  Chandni was very enthusiastic about the quilts and the positive feelings they bring with them.  Good times. 






No comments: