Wednesday 28 January 2015

Bingham

Paula and I had an eventful journey up to Bingham today - wind, rain, hail, sunshine, rainbows, blue skies and black clouds, we had it all!  Judy from Fostering Futures was there to meet us in our usual cafe, and it was lovely to see her and catch up with her news.  She had told us she was keen to learn to crochet, and Paula went equipped and ready to initiate her into the craft.


Here they are, concentrating hard.  Judy turned out to be a natural, and once she's got her tension sorted out (a common problem with beginner knitters and crocheters) will be off!  However, our real business here was to bring Linus quilts, and with her team looking after 78 young people, I had brought 80 beautiful quilts for her.  When we had loaded all the quilts into her car, she and Paula posed for a picture, despite the wind and the fact that it had just started to rain again.  Unfortunately though I thought I had taken a picture, I had in fact taken a video, which I can't upload onto this post!  You'll have to take my word for the pleasure on both their faces at the generosity of all the Leicestershire quilting angels!


No comments: